Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Making it to dinner

+2
Madeline Cauthon
Devon Marvin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Making it to dinner - Page 2 Empty Re: Making it to dinner

Post by Gawain Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Gawain blinked, having knocked the cap off of his....well, he had lost track of exactly how many beers he had consumed. Thrice-accursed Lycan metabolism! Anyway, he nodded to Madeline, then rose, none the worse for wear, and tapped his forehead. "Where'd ya put her, Mads? You said 301, right? On it." With that, instead of walking, he seized Saidin, opening a Gateway straight to the hallway outside the room.

Once there, Gawain would knock seven times upon the door, stand back, and fold his arms behind him. "Gypzee, dinner is ready. It smells great, and if you don't hurry, I'm totally going to steal yours. See ya there!" With a chuckle, he stepped back through his Gateway, sat back down, and downed the beer he had previously opened. "Done." Smirk.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Her belly was doing the growl again which only told her one thing....she better dig in before someone else decides to take it from her. She spoke up as she picked up her fork to dig in.

"Thanks Madeline...it looks delicious and bet it takes the same too."

A grin crossed her lips as she dug into the dinner before her and then realized no one else was eating. Looking up at Gawain she whispered after she downed the bite.

"Psst....was I supposed to wait on everyone else?"

Her eyes a bit wide almost like a kid with her hand caught in the cookie jar again....or in her father's special brew.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Row looked up as Maddie placed a heaping plate of food infront of her. She smiled and thanked Maddie. "This looks wonderful." She picked up her fork and started eating, also glancing around at the other patrons.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:42 am

Devon smiled when Madeline came out carrying plates. He would have offered to help, but he feared that if he tried to take a plate from her that it would disturb her balance. Which, of course, would be a bad idea. So he let her move about as she needed, and avoided hindering her movement by any of his own. He accepted his fresh drink with a smile. "Thank you Madeline, this looks and smells magnificent." He meant it too. Even the green beans, which he was not overly fond of, smelled good to him.

But what caught his attention was the way that her father had simply seemed to poof from the room somehow. Devon did not see a portal or a gateway. He felt no rush of power being used. It was just that Gawain was there one moment, and gone the next, and then back again just as fast. This was slightly impressive to Devon, though he remained silent about it.

Instead he took up his plate, and his fresh beer, and he moved to the table nearest the one that Gawain was seated at. He always found it more comfortable to sit at a table and eat rather than a chair. He set his plate down, and his beer, and then pulled out a chair. He pulled out a second one to sit in. The pulled out empty chair was his way of signaling others that they could join him if they pleased.

His thought was that if everyone came to sit at the tables around Gawain, it would be like a . . . Well, for lack of a better term, a family dinner type setting. Not that he would vocalize such of course. But he didn't often get the chance to sit down and eat. And it was always better to sit down in a group than to do so alone. Conversation was always better had in a group, and conversation always enhanced a meal in his opinion.

The food tasted as good as it smelled. The two ladies who had joined them were already eating as well. So he felt no guilt over trying the wonderful food that sat before him. Once his mouth was empty of the first bite he smiled and looked to Madeline. "Absolutely delicious Madeline, thank you." He was happy for the chance to sit down to a hot meal, but even happier that it tasted so wonderfully.

He just had to remember to read that file when he got to his room.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:26 am

Madeline giggled at Kyra. "You've been around me for how long, and you still feel the need to ask Kyra? Of course, everyone dig in. And thank you both Miss Rowan and Mister Devon. There is plenty more for all who wants it."

Madeline was kind of curious what was taking Gypzee and her brother so long. Madeline sighed to herself and went back into the kitchen to make sure her brother wasnt eating out of the pot.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Laughs and shakes her head at Madeline.

"Well...no but I thought I should be polite with the new guests around here. Don't want to seem rude or anything."

With a giggle and noticing the other chair being pulled out and some how got the hint. Gathering her plate and drink with the silverware on the plate and napkin in hand she moved to the table and took the seat by Devon. And being copy cat she pulled out the chair next to her just in case Rowan or someone else wanted to fill it.

Looking back to Madeline and then around to everyone else she dug into her food and sighed contently as she hasn't eaten like this in since she was home.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:06 am

Xavier had smelled dinner, and knowing that his sis was a good cook, he wanted in. Therefore, to the kitchen! He grinned as he walked down the stairs, hoping she'd be busy with something else so he could grab a bite of something.

Success! She was out in the dining room, attending to what sounded like a crowded house. So, with spoon in hand, Xavier attacked. It wasn't that sort of attack...he didn't even make a mess. Not even a sound! So ha to Mads!

He was eating calmly out of a bowl, which he had filled from the steaming pots, when Madeline walked back into the kitchen. He thought of about three different ways out of this, none of them feasible, then shrugged. "What's up, sis?" With a tilted smirk on his face, he took another bite.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Maddie chuckled softly at her brother. "I figured I'd find you in here. Want something to drink? By the way I spit in that bowl."

Madeline then fixed her a small bowl and sat across from her brother. "So tell me whats new with you."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:11 am

Gawain heard everything they were saying, of course, but not being a rude creature....well, not always being a rude creature, he did not comment. Instead, he took a long pull from his beer and sat back a bit. Did he believe she had spit in the food? Of course not. She was messing with her kid brother, obviously. He was actually happy for a little bit of normal being injected into his family. Sibling rivalry was sometimes fun, after all. Well, unless you're one of the siblings.

Polite...there was that word again. "No need to be polite around family, Kyra. Dig in....I know you can eat more than that." He chuckled idly. "Some of the courtly maids I've seen, with their wasplike waists and their diet of water, leaves, and twigs! If a woman can't take out a bloody flaming steak in one sitting, she ain't worth her salt!" He grinned, eying the small group of people slowly. "Wouldn't you agree, friend?" This was directed toward Devon. His scent wasn't threatening, but there was still something there. He held the grin still, glancing to Rowan and Kyra once or twice to wink and generally be himself.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:48 am

Devon smiled at Kyra as she joined him at the table. He began with his salad, chef salad was his favorite. He added some Ranch dressing to it, just enough to get some on every bite, not enough to drowned it. Then he quietly sat there eating, waiting for conversations to start up.

When Gawain addressed him he looked up fro his plate with a smile. He waited until his mouth was empty to speak. "Oh I completely agree. No man wants a stick that is going to break if he plays with it too much." He winked at Kyra as she sat near him at the table. "Just ask your boyfriend? Betcha he'd say the same thing." A girl that pretty had to have a boyfriend, right? If she didn't, maybe she would take his comment as she was too pretty to not have one.

Then his attention was back to Gawain. "I'm sorry if I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Devon, Devon Marvin. Most just call me Devon if it's business, and D if it's pleasure." He honestly couldn't remember if he had introduced himself or not. At least to Gawain anyway.

Now pleasure could mean a lot of different things. And in this case, he wasn't actually trying to be a flirt to the ladies in the room. Though he did smile at them with that charming grin of his. "It's a pleasure to meet you sir." And he definitely was not trying to charm Gawain. Not his cup of tea. A hand shake would have been offered were they not eating dinner. Perhaps another time.

As he ate his dinner, he knew he would probably want more salad. And he noticed that Miss Rowan had yet to join them at the tables. He wondered if she had a reason for it, or just simply had not done so yet. He thought better of pestering her of it. After all Madeline had not joined them yet either. She had gone into the kitchen and stayed in there for now. But at least Kyra and Gawain were close enough for conversation, and a conversation had began.

It was so nice that it almost felt like home.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:03 am

While she talked to Xavier, Madeline set up the buffet she had bought and loaded dinner up on it. She rolled out to where everyone was eating. "Okay guys if you need anything else help yourself. I have other matters to tend to. Hope you all enjoyed dinner."

"OH and Dad, if they need anything else to drink, help out okay I have an errand to run."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:27 pm

She nodded at the appropriate moments and shrugged a little at Devon's comment about asking her boyfriend. Suppose that would depend on the persons definition of boyfriend. Her definition is a little different she thought than most. She finished her supper and looked to Gawain and Devon and anyone else who was still there.

"This was good. Please let Maddie know she out did herself with dinner."

With a grin she stood up and took her stuff to the kitchen and just sorta guessed where it needed to go once it was clean and all. Going back into the bar she smiled to Gawain and excused herself.

"If you guys will excuse me I need to go catch up on something myself. Hope to see you around again Devon."

With that she left and made her way up the stairs to her room to go over some stuff that was fixing to come up. She had moves to make and wasn't sure which ones she would be making first.

(Hey all sorry for the lack of response, it's been pretty hectic lately and hope everyone is doing well and feeling better.)
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:46 am

Devon's definition of a boyfriend would be a man with whom one was in a monogamous relationship with, if he were asked that was. But, because he wasn't, he kept it to himself.

The conversation during the rest of dinner was sparse, but it was still pleasant. And Devon did partake of seconds on the salad and the meat. Madeline had outdone herself, just as Kyra had said. It was all rather delicious.

When Devon was done with his meal, he cleared his plate and his beer bottles. After all, Madeline had stepped out and so he figured he would be polite. Then he returned to the bar from the kitchen, hoping he wasn't going to get schooled about guests staying out of the kitchen. "Well, I hate to leave such good company, but I am a little travel worn. I think I'm going to retire for the night. I hope everyone has a good night. Perhaps we will see each other tomorrow." He gave a bow of his head to Gawain and then to Rowan as they were the only two left in the bar.

Time to go to his room and get his reading materials for the night.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum