Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

An Overdue Surprise

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Overdue Surprise Empty An Overdue Surprise

Post by Hidden Jewel Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Kyra had made her way to the stables at the Tel Inn and retrieved the other horse and everything that went with her and Slepnir. She had left a note letting Connor know she took the horses out and thanked him for watching over them. Saddling up Dalninil she rode off into the direction of the house and stopped when she reached the back door. Getting down she spoke softly to the horse and told her to stay put while she went inside to get her sister. When she got inside she called out for Lydia.

"Lydia are you home? If you are come down I have a surprise for you."

She waited to see if anyone was home or if they had gone out for a while.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

An Overdue Surprise Empty Re: An Overdue Surprise

Post by Lydia Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Lydia had been out in the back yard playing with Hopper when she came in to get a glass of apple juice. She ad just opened the fridge when she heard Kyra calling for her. Lydia closed the door to the fridge and made her way oer to Kyra. "Hey Sis, whats up?"
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Kyra smiled to Lydia as she came out of the kitchen.

"Sorry I didn't see you there when I came in but I have a surprise that I brought back to you when Sheena and I came back but somethings got in the way of me giving it to you. So what do you say want to go outback and see the surprise?"

Kyra waited to see if she would want to go or not but wouldn't force her to see it.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Lydia's eyes got as big as saucers, and she clapped her hands. "A surprise for me? Come on lets go!!"

Lydia went to tne door, and waited for her sister.
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Kyra smiled brightly and laughed a little at Lydia's excitement. She went to the door behind Lydia and opened it leading her out and waited for her to see the horse and see her reaction to her. Dalninil whinnied as the girls came out making herself seen by both to them. She was a beautiful horse, brown and white and not yet full grown just yet. She was one that Lydia would be able to grow with and care for as they got older. Standing there she smiled watching Lydia before she said anything.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:05 am

Lydia let out a loud squeal when she walked out and saw the gorgeous horse in front of her. "Oh Kyra she's beautiful!!" Lydia went to go give the horse a hug, but half way there she went back and gave Kyra one. "Oh thank you thank you thank you!!"

Now she went and walked over to her horse. Gently placing her hand in front of Dalninil so Dalninil could get her sent. Slowly she started petting her mane. "Oh Kyra I love her, whats her name?"
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 am

Kyra was relieved that Lydia liked her present and wasn't afraid of it or anything like that. Returning the hug she spoke softly.

"You're quite welcome and her name is Dalninil, it's drow for sister. I was thinking of you when I named her. And I am glad you like her. She is yours to take care of but we will put her in a friends stable so she has some place to sleep when she isn't being taken out for a ride."

She walked over to them and petted Dalninil and spoke to her too.

"This is my little sister Lydia, I'm sure you two will be great friends."
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 am

Lydia smiled at the name. "Dalninil, I like it. We're going to be great friends aren't we."

Lydia looked at Kyra with a smile. "That sounds fine, just as long as I get to ride everyday.Speaking of which, can we go riding?"
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:40 am

"Well you will be able to ride most days but mom and dad will decide that but I'm sure that won't be a problem as long as you ride with me. As for going for a ride, we can and I can show you where she will be staying. But on this ride we will have to ride together since I didn't ride my horse over today."

She smiled and picked Lydia up and helped her up on the horse and hopped up behind her letting her take the reigns. She had already sent mom and dad a mental link letting them know she had Lydia with her and they were ok with it but reminded her to be careful and safe.

"Be sure to let Hopper know that we are going and mom and dad are ok with it so he won't worry that something happened to you. Then we are off when you are ready to go."
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 am

Lydia giggled as she was put on the horse. "That's cool."

Lydia let out a whistle and Hopper appeared from the side yard. "Going riding with Kyra boy, look after Mama and Daddy okay."

Hopper tilted his head to one side, then turned around and headed back to his patrolling duties."
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:00 am

Once Hopper went back to his patrol duties Kyra nudged Dalninil forward and directed her off toward the Wolf's Head Inn to show them the new place she came upon recently. Once they made their way there she stopped the horse and hopped down and helped Lydia down. Speaking to Dalninil she whispered.

"Find yourself a stall, your friend Slepnir is in there too."

She grinned and looked to Lydia letting her look around.

"Well this is where she will be staying with my horse, Slepnir. Go ahead and take a look around and once she is settled we will go take a look at the inn."
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:46 am

Lydia couldn't get over how nice the stable looked. Dalninil took the stall beside Slepnir. Then headed out to join him outside.

Lydia laughed. "I think she likes it. Can we go explore the inn now? How did you find out about this place? Who do you know that runs it?"

As usual, Lydia was full of questions.
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 pm

"Of course we can go explore, in fact I have a room here for when I come visit. Maddie and her dad are here, they own this place. And as far as how I found this place, Slepnir lead us here."

She smiled answering Lydia's questions as they headed toward the inn so she could show her the room she has there. Kyra would eventually show her the evil contraptions she had learned about while she has been there.

"So what do you want to see first? I haven't gotten a chance to do much in the way of exploring."
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Lydia put her finger to her chin while she thought. "How about you're room, then we can track down Maddie. I haven't seen her in forever!! Then we can make her give us a grand tour!!"
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Kyra laughed a little as they made their way in the inn and she saw that death trap but opted for the stairs this time. Taking the stairs up to the third floor and found her room once again. Putting her key in she opened the door and lead Lydia into it and smiled as looked around. First things first she went over and grabbed the remote and flipped on the little box with people in it. She was having a bit of trouble remembering what it was but boy did she like having it around. Although she did find some late night shows that caused her some aggravation but it was good all in all. When it came on it was on that cooking show again and she learned the man's name was Guy something or other. Plopping down on the bed she let Lydia take it all in as she spoke.

"So what do you think?"
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Lydia lost what ever bit of attention she had to the box that Kyra had turned on. She slowly walked up to the thin rectangle hanging on the wall and just stared. "Kyra...what..is this thing.. and why are there little people cooking on little stoves? Why I can't I smell the food?"

With out turning around, she slowly walked backwards and sat on the bed, and just stared, with her mouth open.
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Kyra laughed a little as she watched Lydia's reaction and knew it was probably just as funny for Madeline when she saw the thing for the first time. She helped Lydia up on the bed and sat there with her and watched it intently as she spoke.

"Madeline said it is a television and I don't have any idea why they are in there or cooking on those little stoves. I think it's some time of magick that keeps them in there and keeps us from getting to the food. Wish it wasn't like that cause that looks really yummy."

Kyra flipped around and laid on her belly facing the box and watched it with Lydia.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Lydia still hadn't taken her eyes off of the television yet. For that matter she hadn't blinked in a while. "Hey Kyra, do you think Dad would let us have one? And the only thing this television does is show people cooking?"
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Kyra thought about it for a moment and shook her head as she spoke.

"No I don't think either of them will let us have one. I mean look at the house and how often we actually use the electricity. And no it has other things on it too. I found this one channel that had some interesting shows on it. I think it was called the Disney Channel and there was this show about wizards in a place that people didn't believe in wizards and oooohhhhh there was this one show called...........Charmed about witches in a place that didn't believe in them."

Getting a bright idea she flipped through and as luck would have it there was a marathon of that show she was just telling Lydia about and it had just started. She put the remote next to her and went back to watching it.

"See watch it...its pretty cool."
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Lydia was amazed at just how many tiny people lived inside the TV. "A show about a bunch of wizards living in a place where no one believes in them. Sounds like school."

Now when Kyra turned it to Charmed, Lydia grew really quiet as she was sucked into the show.
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:06 pm

They both sat there engrossed in the show and lost track of time. No telling how many of the shows they watched or what time it was getting to be. The only thing Kyra was certain of is that she was getting hungry and thirsty but she was ignoring it for the time being because this was too good to stop watching. Doing something she rarely did she used her faerie magick and made a platter of snacks appear on the bed next to the girls. This was something Lydia didn't know about her big sister because Kyra kept her other sides very well hidden from her until the time was right to show her.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Lydia was so sucked into the show, she barely noticed the tray of food Kyra poofed the snacks. She had seen the tray out of her corner of her eye. It was then she turned and kept looking between the TV and her sister. Umm Kyra, how did you do that?"

Now Lydia had done her own fair share of poofing stuff living at the other place, but she had no idea Kyra could. "Are you sure you don't belong in that show?
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Luckily the show went off and it was on a commercial when Lydia asked her questions. Kyra thought it was time she told her sister about her other sides or at least the faerie one. Sitting up Kyra looked to Lydia and contemplated how she was going to say this but she was sure she would understand because Kyra was quite certain that Lydia was part faerie also but hasn't been told so or shown it yet. She spoke and looked to Lydia as she did.

"Well I'm not so sure I shouldn't be either. But thankfully I'm not because life there would suck if people didn't know about our kind."

She said it before she realized how she put that and then it was too late to take it back. So she just decided to show her instead. While she sat there she shifted effortlessly into her natural form which is that of a water faerie. Once she shifted she spoke again.

"Before you ask this is what I mean and this is how I did that."

She let it sink in and waited for the questions to begin.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Thank God for commercials, Cause when Kyra shifted, Lydia completely forgot about the TV show. "Kyra!! You're like me."

Lydia let her wings out and squealed. "We really are sisters!!"

Lydia walked over to Kyra and gave her a hug.

And to prove it, Lydia decided they needed some drinks to go with their snacks, so she poofed up some iced tea.
Lydia
Lydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Hugs her sister back and changes back into her human form and smiles to her.

"We are sisters and us being alike wouldn't have changed that at all. We get this from mom, she has a faerie form also but don't tell her I told you that. Who knows maybe sometime we can get her to take us to the faerie world soon. I've never been there."

As they were talking she grabbed a drink and something to snack on and right about that time the show came back on. She let that all go for right now as there would be plenty of time for more questions later.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum